A Closer Look into Meno-Glow Moisturiser
Meno-Glow Moisturiser contains nine active ingredients working together to give your skin the best results.
These nine active ingredients are scientifically proven to improve the skin’s barrier function and to improve the skin’s ability to retain moisture. In this article we’ll be discussing these actives and their benefits to your skin during menopause.
The success of the Meno-Glow Moisturiser rests on three pillars
- Preventing trans-epidermal water loss
- Curbing the inflammatory process
- Addressing estrogen depletion.
Active ingredients and their benefits
1. Carnosine for anti-aging
Carnosine is a protein building block naturally produced by the body. It is found in the muscles, heart and brain.
Unfortunately, our bodies seem to produce less carnosine as we age. This is a concern because carnosine is responsible for blocking certain chemicals that play a role in the aging process. For this reason, it is an important anti-aging ingredient in our moisturiser.
Some skin care benefits of Carnosine are:
- Potent and effective anti-aging substance
- Proven to lengthen cellular life span
- Cancer protective
- Protects protein from excessive damage
- Preserves connective tissue, providing firmer & youthful skin.
2. Niacinamide for treating inflammation and hyperpigmentation
Niacinamide is gaining popularity in skin care trends. A form of vitamin B3, it is a great way to combat blemishes, hyperpigmentation and inflammation of many skin conditions. You can find niacinamide in foods such as meat, fish, milk, eggs and green vegetables.
Niacinamide is important for the function of fats and sugars within the body and to maintain healthy cells.
Some skin care benefits of Niacinamide are:
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps build collagen
- Helps the skin retain moisture (especially beneficial for eczema or mature skin)
- Minimises pore appearance
- Regulates sebum production
- Protects against sun damage
- Treats hyperpigmentation
- Minimises fine lines and wrinkles
- Protects against oxidative stress.
3. Kyotorphin for reducing skin sensitivity
Kyotorphin is present in the human cerebrospinal fluid. It regulates pain in the brain and has an analgesic effect.
The main skin care benefits of Kyotorphin are:
- Pain relieving properties
- Tones down the nerve response to sensitivity
- Reduces skin sensitivity.
4. Genistein for moisture and anti-aging
Genistein is a naturally occurring, plant-derived compound with estrogenic properties. Thus it is classified as a phytoestrogen. It is also described as a substance that inhibits the growth of new blood vessels.
Some skin care benefits of Genistein are:
- Has shown great results for skin elasticity, photo aging, and skin cancer prevention
- Improves skin dryness and wrinkles
- Increases collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid production
- Thickens the dermis and epidermis
- Increases the moisture content of the skin
- Decreases cellular ageing.
5. GHK for skin repair
GHK is present in human plasma, saliva, and urine. It accelerates wound healing and skin repair. Also, it is a therapeutic agent for skin inflammation.
GHK has been found to improve the following:
- tighten loose skin and improve elasticity,
- skin density, and firmness,
- reduce fine lines and wrinkles,
- reduce photo damage and hyperpigmentation,
- and increases epidermal cell production.
It is capable of up and down regulating at least 4,000 human genes. Essentially, it resets DNA to a healthier state.
Some skin care benefits of GHK are:
- It stimulates fibroblasts to manufacture collagen and hyaluronic acid
- Improves skin healing
- Decreases wrinkle depth.
6. GQPR as an anti-inflammatory
GQPR is a synthetic peptide that is used to suppress the production of excess . In other words, it inhibits unnecessary inflammatory responses and .
Some skin care benefits of GQPR are:
- Strengthens the dermal matrix
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Increased skin hydration
- Decrease in skin roughness
- Increases skin firmness and elasticity
7. Geranyl geranyl acetone for anti-aging
This is an anti-aging active ingredient. It fights signs of aging; from dehydration, damaged skin barrier, and redness to age spots, wrinkles, and uneven pores. Geranyl geranyl acetone works by and DNA maintenance. Additionally, it is claimed to be able to expand cell lifespan by a third. Plus, it also improves the tissue quality by optimising cell communication and cell metabolism.
Some skin care benefits of geranyl geranyl acetone are:
- Improves cellular genetic health
- Helps to prolong cellular lifespan by ensuring genomic (genes’) stability
- Repairs loss of firmness and elasticity
- Moisturises and refines the skin grain
- Evens skin tone by fading redness and age spots.
8. Hyaluronic Acid for hydration
Hyaluronic Acid is a clear, gooey substance that is naturally produced by your body. It is largely found in your skin, connective tissue and eyes. Hyaluronic Acid works by penetrating the upper layers of skin. It then attracts moisture from the environment and holds onto it. This is how it provides long-lasting hydration to your skin cells.
As you can probably tell, the main skin care benefit of Hyaluronic Acid is that it helps the skin maintain moisture. Also, it helps the tissue regeneration process involved in healing wounds.
9. Imperata Cylindrica for hydration
This ingredient is an extract from a subtropical plant known to provide excellent long-term moisturising effects. Imperata Cylindrica’s hydrating ability is due to the chemical composition of the that contain natural .
Skin care-wise, osmoprotective compounds are interesting. Why? Because they are thought to be able to increase intracellular osmosis. This means water is drawn into the skin cells.
Some skin care benefits of Imperata Cylindrica are:
- Targets dehydrated skin and helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Provides impressive long-term moisturising effects
- Improves internal housekeeping ability of the cell
- Helps the cell’s own ability to keep moisture in the skin.
The active ingredients in Meno-Glow Moisturiser all play a vital role in upholding the three pillars of our moisturiser’s success:
- and soothing the skin.
A great benefit of using Meno-Glow Moisturiser is that your routine is kept quite simple. Instead of using several different serums, moisturisers and products, our moisturiser is all you need. It contains all nine active ingredients in one product to take care of all of your skin care needs in one application (twice daily). And it works with all skin types at any age to keep your skin hydrated and glowing all day.
Try it for yourself and see the amazing results!
Thanks for taking the time to read our article. Until next time, please take care of yourself – you deserve it![divider width=”full”]
WHY MENO-GLOW SKIN CARE
A COMPLETE SKIN REJUVENATION FOR ALL SKIN TYPES – Your answer to menopausal skincare concerns:
- Dry Skin
- Decreased elasticity
- Fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes
- Thinning of the hair
- Facial flushing
Medically designed and scientifically formulated by a specialist plastic surgeon, Meno-Glow Skin Care addresses skin concerns related to menopause.
Our Meno-Glow Skin Care Range offers a simple skin care regime that facilitates skin rejuvenation and symptomatic relief of the issues caused by estrogen depletion.
Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced, the skin’s barrier function recovers, and sensitivity is significantly reduced.
What makes Meno-Glow Skin Care genuinely unique is how the formulation truly respects the skin.[divider width=”full”]
Art of Dermatology
NIH National Library of Medicine- National Center for Biotechnology Information: PubChem
Oregon State University
NIH National Library of Medicine- National Center for Biotechnology Information: PubMed
NIH National Library of Medicine- National Center for Biotechnology Information
ISDIN- Live young blog