Makeup for menopause… is it different? Should you change formulas to beat those hot flushes? What about skin care? Is it time to try something new?
We share quick menopause makeup tips that will help you look – and feel – gorgeous.
We start with four skin care secrets
- When oestrogen levels drop, collagen levels deplete, skin feels less bouncy, thinner and has more movement as it has less elasticity – everyone’s different but you will notice changes (like your skin drying out and prematurely aging). This is a sign that you may need to update your skin care routine. If you looking for a solution to menopausal skin concerns, please talk to us about your skin care concerns.
- If your skin has started to become sensitive and red, try Meno-Glow’s Wash as it desensitises, soothes and restores your skin’s natural pH levels.
- For moisture and protection, use Meno-Glow Moisturiser. Meno-Glow was medically developed by Dr Hugo Nel, plastic and reconstructive surgeon, and focuses on menopausal skin care concerns. Meno-Glow helps your skin look “your best” every day.
- Don’t forget to use an SPF every day.
5 makeup “for menopause” must-knows
- It is possible to wear foundation and concealer even if you get hot flushes – just make sure it’s a waterproof formula. Don’t forget to use waterproof mascara as well.
- Coloured powder is a no-no – the pigment gathers and collects on the skin and can clog together if you perspire. Instead choose translucent powder or blotting paper.
- Choose a liquid blush that acts like a stain, and choose the colour depending on how your skin feels: warm pinky tones are great if you feel a little sallow or grey – they really give you a lift; but choose a nudey or peachy blush if your skin is inflamed or have rosacea.
- As we get older, we need more structure and definition around eyes, lips and lashes. But keep it simple and soft – no hard lines.
- A dab of highlighter in the inside corner of your eyes can give you a boost if you’re feeling tired.
Experiencing hot flushes? Get our Meno-Glow Hot Flush Rescue Pack. It can be applied over make-up and will provide you with instant relief. Keep it in your bag and use it when you need it.
The Last Word
There are many ways you can do your makeup as you go through menopause but in a nutshell, keep the structure in your makeup, add a little bit of colour to lift, really focus on your skin care, and hydrate. But most of all, give yourself a little bit of kindness. Make yourself feel as good as you can. It will make all the difference, and remember, all those symptoms won’t last forever![divider width=”full”]
WHY MENO-GLOW SKIN CARE
A COMPLETE SKIN REJUVENATION FOR ALL SKIN TYPES – Your answer to menopausal skincare concerns:
- Dry Skin
- Decreased elasticity
- Fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes
- Thinning of the hair
- Facial flushing
Medically designed and scientifically formulated by a specialist plastic surgeon, Meno-Glow Skin Care addresses skin concerns related to menopause.
Our Meno-Glow Skin Care Range offers a simple skin care regime that facilitates skin rejuvenation and symptomatic relief of the issues caused by estrogen depletion.
Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced, the skin’s barrier function recovers, and sensitivity is significantly reduced.
What makes Meno-Glow Skin Care genuinely unique is how the formulation truly respects the skin.[divider width=”full”]
Liri Victor, Meno-Glow Cosmotologist